Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Ow, my bum!

Since I've become a full-time SAHM almost 7 months ago, I've noticed that my physique is not quite as *ahem* firm as it used to be.  I've still got the rolls on the stomach from the c-section, and my legs are permanently stuck together, no space between there!  I've been tired, and just plain blah.  Plus, it's just so easy to graze all day on food being at home.

Well, an acquaintance of mine from high school posted on Facebook (Don't ya love Facebook!!) about her business program through BeachBody.  If you don't know what Beach Body is, you're not alone.  I'd heard a little in passing about the craze that revolves around P90x, but had no idea the scope of the entire network.  Anyway, thanks to her, I've started one of the 30 day challenges.  I'm still waiting on my kid to arrive (I ordered it last Tuesday....the start date is tomorrow....damn!) but in the meantime, I went On Demand and DVR'd a fitness workout.

This morning I did it while my Lil Peanut was playing happily on his tummy mat.  It was 45 minutes long and I hate to say it, but I fast forwarded through quite a bit of it.  However, I did do the first 20 minutes which was the leg work.  I had to grip the back of the couch, lean back and stick one leg up behind me and lift, pause, lift, pause....you get the idea.  When I first started, I thought to myself "this is dumb, this isn't doing anything".  Ha!  I soon felt the burn.

Well, I got done, and went on my way with the rest of my day.  Tonight though, my butt is kind of sore.  Ok, really sore.  Am I that out of shape?  Or was that routine really that decent that it worked those muscles?  Probably a little of both.  Either way, I have to say that the pain feels good.  It reminds me that I did something today, pushed myself today.....if even just a little bit.

I'm really looking forward to this 30 Day Challenge.  I'm sure I'll be mentioning it again in the days to come.  As for now, i'm taking my sore ass off to bed, g'night!


No comments:

Post a Comment