Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Just call me Beluga



I am now almost 7 months postpartum.  Last night I was down in the basement doing laundry and saw the scale down there in the corner.  I made the mistake of getting on the darn thing.

WHAT?  Still 10 pounds heavier than I was before I got pregnant.  I know that this is not a huge deal, but I was annoyed.  I've kept 10 pounds from each pregnancy I've had so I'm 20 pounds heavier than I used to be.  I know, boo hoo to you.  I'm not saying I'm fat, but I had thought I was looking okay.  I definitely thought my weight was gone, just redistributed.

Then this morning I grabbed a pair of jeans that I've worn several times since having my baby.  The ugly truth set in.....I could hardly get the snap done.  I did manage to lock it into place and when I stood looking in my full length mirror I shuddered.  I had muffin top.

Muffin Top: taken from Urban dictionary.com:



When a woman wears a pair of tight jeans that makes her flab spill out over the waistband, just like the top of a muffin sits over the edge of the paper case.


Crap, crap, crap.  It really upset me.

I can't complain to my family.  I'm what you'd call "petite" or "small framed".  Okay, so I'm delicate.  That does not mean I can't have some fat on me.  My sister struggles with her weight and if I even so much mention that I'd like to firm up or tone up, she gets defensive and yells at me because "you're so small".  Look, clothes can hide a lot.  That's all I'm saying.

Even now, I'm sitting here at the desk with my button undone on the jeans because it was digging into my post c-section pooch.

Enough is enough.  I went to Walmart with el nino to get some stuff.  We all know I'm a die-hard Pepsi drinker.  I got lemonade mix instead to drink.  Okay, i did end up getting Pepsi too.  I figured I'd wean myself off.  I only have 2 a day, but now i'm going for one a day.  Baby steps, baby steps.

My friend from high school also is a coach on Team Beachbody.  She's been looking for a new fitness group and I think I'm going to take the plunge and try it.  Maybe with someone checking in on me, I'll be more faithful to exercise routines.

Crap, I just realized that the lemonade mix calls for sugar to be added.  That's not going to be helpful is it?  Maybe I should just stick with Pepsi.  Wow.....Something tells me this new dedication to fitness may not last long!



No comments:

Post a Comment