Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Weekend away

Leaving, on a jet plane.  Don't know when I'll be back again....

OK, no.  Not really.  I'm actually leaving in a car and I'll be back Sunday morning.  And oh, by the way.....I'm ditching my family and leaving Hubs to fend for himself.

This weekend would have been my sister's wedding.  Yes, would have been.  Her fiancé ended the engagement and relationship a few months ago, leaving her devastated in the short term but thankful in the long term because she realized it was for the best.  She's doing great, but she's mourning the loss of a wedding.  This weekend would have been all about her on her day.  Sooooo.....mom and I are taking her on a little Girls Weekend Away.  We're only going to be a few hours away, but I'm a little nervous about it because Hubs is going to be home alone with the children.

Hubs is a great dad.  He had his moments when our son was teeny tiny because he couldn't handle the colic and pretty much was a hands off dad.  However, he's come around and does a great job.  That said, he doesn't multi-task very well.  I'm not sure how it will go down when Junior needs a bottle or a bath and our daughter is bellowing that she needs food or a story read to her.   I can practically guarantee that the dishes will be piled up high when I come back and there will be a mess so my relaxing weekend will be spent Sunday cleaning up after my family.  

However,  I am choosing NOT to focus on that, because if I do I'm going to cause anxiety in myself.  Nope, instead I'm going to relax and have a good time.  I'm not sure what's on the agenda for the weekend.  We're going to a little town a ways away and I think the plan is to shop and eat and just relax.  I'm okay with that.  Frankly, there are other places I would have chosen to go but mom planned it all and well.....you can kind of tell a 60-some year old lady planned this.  Not very hip.   But, oh well.  I'm just going with the flow!

So, stay tuned for my next blog post for a rundown on how it goes and what kind of mess my kidlets and hubby get into while I'm gone.   







No comments:

Post a Comment