Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fall into Autumn

Autumn is probably my favorite time of year, for several reasons.  For one, I love the cooler temps.  There is nothing like throwing on a sweatshirt to run errands or cuddling up on the couch with a fire going on a cool Fall evening.  Fall is also home to the best sports!  Who doesn't love college football or watching some Monday Night Football?    Then there's the food!  Give me pumpkin pie, apple cider and apple donuts any day of the year and I'll be a happy camper.  To top it off, the scenery is gorgeous!  I love living in Wisconsin this time of year, with the leaves changing colors.  It's beautiful.

Yep, it's my favorite time of year, but it goes too quickly!  It doesn't help that the season is so short; you blink an eye and it's going to be winter.  However, it's also a season that seems to be full of appointments, activities, and things to do!  Today is actually the only Saturday in 6 weeks that I have nothing to do.  It's amazing to be sitting here in some scrubs and a hoodie and just chilling watching some Michigan football and listening to the rain fall outside.  All I need now is some hot chocolate or some apple cider and I'll be set!

So far, knock on wood, this season has also lacked some PTSD drama.  Even though it's my favorite time of year, it's also a time that is full of anniversaries for the Hubs. Usually from about October 1st until February, we are on pins and needles trying to avoid setting him off and giving him his space to help process and deal with the anniversaries.  I'm not sure why this year is different, but I'm going to take it while I can get it.  I'm sure we are just in the "dip" in the roller coaster that is PTSD.  But, like I said, I take it while I can and enjoy it while it lasts.


No comments:

Post a Comment