Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Transformations!

There's a lot of work going on here around the ole homestead.

We bought our house a little over a year ago.  The outside was painted Cedar planks painted a yucky shade of grey.  To top it off, there were vertical planks going up at some points a la 1980's.   I tolerated that, but what really drove me insane was the fact that none of the windows in our great room opened....a fact we didn't realize until after we bought it.  They were original windows and they were large, but painted shut and no screens or anything in them.  It was a real pity because on the other wall, was a sliding glass door that unfortunately did not open easily.  At. All.   The few times we've opened it, my husband has had to really use a lot of force to get it open and then it takes a lot of effort and sweat to get it closed again.  That one also did not have screens.

Well, we decided enough was enough!  We have been in transformation mode around here.  First, the nasty grey cedar siding was ripped off and we now have a beautiful red aluminum siding that looks like wood but isn't.  It makes our house pop and we've already had lots of compliments from neighbors who have walked by and seen the work in progress.  Today the window guys showed up early and are installing new windows and a sliding glass door in our great room right now, as I type.

YAHOO!!!

Seriously, I am so excited to be able to open the window and slide open the door and get a nice cross-breeze.  That room always got so hot in the summers and cold in the winter.  The last straw for me was when our neighbors came over for a BBQ over the summer and she came in with her infant son who is only a few weeks younger than mine and she had to leave because it was so hot in there.  It was embarrassing and it wasn't even that warm outside.....it was just the nature of the room.

Besides the house work going on, I'm also trying to do some work on myself.  I did end up signing up for a small group at church and our first time meeting is tonight.  I know the group leader and I'm hoping to make some new friends and get to know God a little better.    I'm not a "holier-than-thou" type person but I think spirituality is important to help you get through in life.  I don't know where I'd be without the Big Man upstairs.

So, lots of action going on!  I need to end this post though, because I'm off to work in a few minutes.  Thankfully, I like my job.  The hardest part is actually leaving because I want to stay and cuddle with my baby, but once I'm there it goes fast.  Watch, now that I said that today will probably drag and be horrible!  Haha, hope not!


No comments:

Post a Comment