Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Crazy Psycho Troop Leader

The nastiness with the troop leader continued.

I did all I could to rectify the situation.  I contacted the classroom teacher, the other child's mom who had been CC'd, and BOTH said it was blown out of proportion.  I decided to let it go, keep daughter in the troop and just hope that this lady gets on meds or something soon.

Well, that didn't happen.  She sent a half-assed email to me saying she had watched our girls play at school and "maybe" I had been right, that maybe it was normal kid stuff.  The following sentence said, "most of it".  Then she said she hoped we could move forward.  I didn't respond, just grateful things were calming down.

Today she emails me that I haven't been replying so maybe I'd thought about transferring my daughter to another troop.  I replied no, she was staying put.  At the same time, my husband sent his own email to her.

I know, I know......you let a guy with frustration issues email some lady?  To be fair, his email was short, but to the point.  In it, he told the troop leader to not email me or him anymore.  He emailed that we werent moving our daughter unless she became a problem in scouts and that personal emails would not be acknowledged.  He also said that the only problem seemed to lay with her, because the other student's mom and the teacher had not issues.

So what does this whack-a-doo do?  She fires back to Hubs that "How DARE you disrespect me".  She also emailed me that Hubs had threatened her and so we were going to have no contact until she could sort it out with Girl Scouts and the school.


What. The. Heck.


To make a long story somewhat shorter, Hubs called the Girl Scout council and left a message then when the lady called back we explained the situation and she said we could switch troops.  She gave us the names of other troops and I contacted one and the lady is super sweet.  I'm so thankful to have found another troop.  It's a bit more inconvenient because they meet at this lady's house and not at school.  Oh well.  Small price to pay for peace of mind.

I did email this troop leader one last time, to let her know that our daughter would be switching troops and that we had been in contact with the Girl Scouts.  This crazy lady responds that she had already been in contact to get rid of our daughter because she couldn't possibly work with the parents.  She also said that I am NEVER to text, email, or phone her again and to stay away from her and her family at the Girl Scout event this Saturday.

Wow.  Just wow.  I have met some people who lacked grace and tact before, but this lady takes the cake.  I do feel bad that my daughter's friendship with this little girl is basically doomed because we cant get along but dang it.....WE didnt do anything.  I am about ready to post all the emails on here so y'all can read it and see I was about as diplomatic and respectful and tactful as you can get.




No comments:

Post a Comment