Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Getting ready for the students

I started back to work this week.  I'm not going to lie....I didn't want to go.  I've been on an extended maternity leave, in essence, and when it came time to leave I didn't want to go.

I'm not exactly sure how it's going to work out.  It's really different being a para and not the teacher.  I keep gravitating towards the sped teachers and there have been times that they start talking teacher talk and I'm listening in and nodding my head....and then I realize what I'm doing and realize I have no say in it and it's not really my business.  That's a little weird to me and will take some getting used to.

Things have been a little chaotic at work.  I don't feel like people have had their shit together.  The only info I got was a short, one paragraph letter stating the hours I was to work this week and then my regular hours starting next week when the kids come.  No info on where to go, how to get ID's, computer access, procedures, etc etc.  I just feel out of the loop and I hate it.  I'm very schedule oriented and I need to know what to do, when to do it, and what to expect.  These people seem a little too easy breezy whatever attitude.

Tomorrow is my last day before the students come on Tuesday.  I still have to get computer access and a key to the room where I'm to store my stuff.  Not holding my breathe that that will happen before Tuesday.

Fingers crossed all will go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment