Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Gallbladder

I think I may have gallstones.

I have not really given one thought to my gallbladder.  It worked, chugging along like it should and so, it did what it did without any thank you from me.   Then, it crapped out on me.

Wednesday the Hubs was gone at the VA all day and I was home with my two babies.  My sweet tooth was acting up so I took the kids through Sonic's drive through and we ordered a large butterfingers blast and a large tater tot....each.   It was a special treat and I was starving.  Well, shortly after finishing that meal (and I DID finish it all), I laid down on my bed on my stomach ready to browse around online for a few minutes.

All of a sudden, and I do mean all of a sudden, I got a pain in my chest and then it wrapped around to my back.  Right between the shoulder blades.  It was awful.  I tried switching positions to alleviate the back pain but at the same time, I felt like my heart was going to explode right out of my chest.  I thought for a second that I may be having a heart attack.  I managed to get down on all fours on the floor to try any position I could think of to help the pain.  At one point, I remember thinking that the paramedics were going to come in and find me dead in my disaster of a bedroom and dang, I should have put those clean clothes away.

I breathed through the pain trying to figure out what I was going to do.  My neighbor was gone, my husband was gone and he wouldn't have his phone on in group.  I didn't know who would watch my kids if I went to the hospital.  Finally I decided to tough it out and see if it started to feel better.  At one point I told myself only 2 more minutes and then I'm going to have to call 911.

Well, the pain finally started to subside.  I was sore the rest of the day.  Then, Thursday night I had two more attacks after eating some pizza.  Stupid, I wasn't even thinking of the dairy.

I ended up having a CT today of my heart to make sure everything is hunky-dory there, and the prelim reports are that it is okay.  The nurse told me the preliminary report on my ultrasound I had today stated I have some gallstones in my gallbladder.  The full report will be available Monday.  So, I guess that means I'm going to have to hurry up and get my gallbladder removed because this chick is not dealing with this pain!    It was HORRIBLE.    It ranks right up there with childbirth and the kidney stone I had a few years ago.

This weekend I'm playing it safe and not eating any dairy if I can help it.  I read dairy makes it worse.  So does fatty food, red meat, and foods high in cholesterol.  Seriously, this had made me realize that my diet is crap.  I'm sitting here wondering what the heck I'm going to be eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment