Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Insanity Workout Day 1

     

  There's nothing like a killer workout program to fully tell you how un-inshape you really are.  I've been working out regularly since May using such programs as Hip Hop Abs and TurboJam.  Well, Hubs told me the other day he was feeling inspired by my dedication and wanted to tackle Insanity.   

Insanity is advertised as "the hardest workout on DVD".  I didn't really want to do it, to be honest.  I sometimes have difficulty with TurboJam and I wasn't so sure about doing the hardest workout on DVD.  However, I was super pumped that Hubs was expressing an interest in it.  Soooo,  I ordered it and we decided to do the program together.  It came the other night and we waited until last night to open it.

The very first thing to do is the fitness test.  It's about 8 moves that you do to see how many you can pump out in 1 minute increments.  The idea is to improve your score every time you do the fitness test, which is supposed to be every 2 weeks.  Let me tell ya....just the fitness test wore me out!   I actually thought Hubs was going to pass out.  I think it's safe to say that I'm in better overall physical health than he is.  We got done with the test and he was drenched in sweat.  He then went upstairs and threw up in the bathroom.  

Today I got up and went downstairs to do the first workout of the actual program: Plyometrics.  Before Insanity, I had no idea what Plyo was.  Now I know it's a nasty way of torturing you.  The workout alone about killed me.  The crap thing is, the warmup (and the subsequent workout) repeats itself.  You get done with the warmup and you think to yourself Thank God, moving on to something else when really, you repeat the warmup 3 more times increasing in intensity each time.  Same goes for the workout.  You do a set, you think you're going to die....you get a 30 second water break and then you go and do the set all over again increasing your intensity.  

Holy shit.

To be honest, I spent more time taking a break than actually working out this morning.  At one point I sat down on the couch and just stared in awe at the tv screen.  The people working out with Shawn T. started getting red in the face, the men's shirts came off....by the end of the workout a few of them looked like they were about to puke.  

Hubs hasn't done it yet.  He says he will tonight and I'm going to hold him to it because he made me buy the damn workout program.  I tell you what, they say "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".  Well, I should be She-ra by the end of this 60 days.....as long as I don't die!

No comments:

Post a Comment