Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Back to the grindstone

With the drama of my sister's issues going on the last now, two weeks, I feel like my life has taken a back seat to hers.  It's how it should be, I think.  Family is there for family, but I have to admit that it's been tiring to be there for her both emotionally and physically.  Now that she's settled in at my parents and has started the healing process, I am trying to get back in the groove of daily life in my household.

For one thing, I have been neglecting my housework.  I've never been a clean freak, but I was up to keeping up with it pretty good.  Now, however, the laundry is sky high, the dishes need washed, there are crumbs on the floor from morning breakfast that for some reason my dog has not found....in general, I've fallen off the cleaning wagon.  I need to get back on it.  Problem is, I have no motivation.

Perhaps it's because of my new fitness business.  I became a coach for Beachbody and I'm obsessed with spreading the news.  I'm also obsessed with working out (ok, maybe not obsessed....I don't do it 24/7 but I do like exercising now.....Shocker!) and since the weather is finally getting warm and staying warm, I've been spending more time outside weeding my yard.  I mean really....outside in the nice weather in my yard or stuck in the basement doing laundry? I choose yardwork.

However, with that being said, I am going to sign off and go do a load of laundry.  Then i'll actually make my bed and do some dishes.  Back in the saddle again!

**What chore do you hate doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment