Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolution

I am not big on resolutions.   Why make half-hearted promises when in actuality, you know you aren't going to follow through?  That's me.  I make some every year, and every year....usually by mid January...I'm like "screw it".

However, this year is different.  I have just one resolution:  Be Happy.

I am going to be happy and not let my stress, worries, or anger at situations affect my children.  I'm going to enjoy motherhood, because it is such a wonderful gift to have children.  No more being too busy or stressed to read night-time stories.   I will spend more time listening and doing things than placating her with toys.   For my son, I will get down on the floor more and play with him!  I will also take way more pictures this year.....because my babies are growing up way too fast!

I will make an honest attempt not to sweat the small stuff.  This is hard for me, because I worry and then it eats at me.  However, I will resolve not to make mountains out of molehills and to breathe before I take action.

I guess this one resolution I made has several parts to it.  However, they are all part of me being HAPPY.

Here's to a great 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment