Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

just checking in

I'm sitting here watching some recorded Grey's Anatomy.  Another weekend has come and gone.  I really feel like the longer the weekend, the shorter it seems.  The school district had a teacher work day on Friday and the aides didn't have to attend.  We spent the day at the YMCA.  Well, actually, we didn't.  Hubs went early to work out and shoot hoops and I was going to bring in the kids in a little bit.  Well, packing up two kids and myself for the pool at the Y took a lot longer than I thought.  By the time I got there and in the pool, it was 3:30.  Hubs was already in the pool and we were only in there for 30 minutes when he was ready to go.  well, hell no was I going to try and hustle both kids out of the pool by myself and attempt to dress them by myself so we all got out.  Seriously, next time we go it will definitely be for longer than 30 minutes!

The rest of the weekend has gone by quickly.  Took our daughter to the optometrist on Saturday because she failed her vision screening.  I was STUNNED to learn that she is practically blind in her left eye.  We're talking 20/200.  WOW!  Her other eye is practically perfect.  I"m really worried that one lens is going to be coke-bottle thick and the other one thin.  I took her to Walmart because I figured she just needed a slight prescription.  I had no idea how bad her eyesight is.  THen, afterwards, I got home and Googled and they kept talking about eye patches to help with it, which the optometrist did not mention so YIKES.  Her glasses should be in on Wednesday so I'll ask when we pick them up.

I'm feeing antsy lately.  I feel like I should be doing something, that something is going to happen but I don't know what.  At the same time, I'm kind of down.  Christmas used to be my favorite time of the year.  It sucks, however, when money is tight.  I want so badly to make a million cookies with my daughter.  i want to decorate the halls, put up lights everywhere.  I'd love to buy my kids everything they could desire and purchase the largest tree I can find.   However, we're barely scraping by this month.  Go figure that the month of Christmas is also the month we overpay on a car payment and decide to tackle our debt by making a huge-ass payment.  STUPID!    Mental note, start a Christmas Club fund!

No comments:

Post a Comment