Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Here I am

Blog take.....5?  I've tackled writing a blog before.  My last blog I kept for about a year, but it tended to focus only on how much my life sucked at the time.  Reading back through some of the entries, it hit me that my blog was kind of.....pathetic and depressing.  Which, that's okay, after all it was MY blog and written for my benefit.  However, I wanted to start afresh.  So many good things are happening, or are about to happen (I hope), so here's to new beginnings:

A little about me:  I'm married.  Hubby and I have been married 7 years now and we have two munchkins, a girl and a new baby boy.  Thus, the four of us.  We also are the owners of a mischievous cat and a sweet little bunny.  My background is teaching, but I quit my job after the birth of our son to stay home to be with him and my hubby.  Hubs has severe combat PTSD.  Yes, it does suck and hell yes, it is stressful.  He's been fighting the battle for a long time and at times it has seemed like PTSD was going to win, but my husband is pretty tough and stubborn.  I guess I identify quite a bit with being the wife of a disabled veteran.  It's become my life to help him through this as well as to raise our family the best I can in a safe, nurturing environment.  It's not easy, and there are days I cry and want to beat my head against a wall.  However, there are good times too, if there weren't, I wouldn't be here.

So anyway, post numero uno done on this blog.  I'm not quite sure what I'm going to blog about but I guarantee there will be some humor, some tears, some bitch sessions, and some silly moments.  Life is never dull around here!

1 comment:

  1. Elise,
    I came across your blog, and you have a truly touching story. You have such a great outlook on life even with the many challenges that you and your family have been through as a result of your husband's TBI and PTSD. I wanted to reach out to you and see if you might be open to sharing your story as a personal essay.

    My name is Brooke Gushen, and I am a project coordinator for BrainLineMilitary.org, a website created to offer a wealth of information about preventing, treating, and living with a military traumatic brain injury.
    One of our most valuable features of sister site BrainLine.org (for civilians) is our collection of Personal Stories. Here, caregivers, family members, and individuals with brain injury have shared their own experiences, and through these stories, our readers have written comments and thank yous saying that for the first time they feel a sense in validation and feeling like they aren't alone.
    On BrainLine Military, we recently launched a new section on TBI and PTSD (http://www.brainlinemilitary.org/categories/ptsd.php), and I thought that your story of your journey with TBI and PTSD would be an invaluable resource to many military spouses and caregivers. Would you be interested in sharing your story?

    Please email me back: bgushen@weta.org

    ReplyDelete