Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful Day 1

If you're on Facebook you've noticed the annual "Thankful Lists" have popped up.   The gist is that every day you post something you're thankful for.  Well, I don't really see me doing it every day but I'm going to try and blog about things I'm thankful for.   My blog can be pretty pathetic and depressing and sometimes it's good to just remind myself of the blessings in my life.

So, today I am thankful for a good humane society.  Yes, you read that right.  Last week we adopted a cute little baby kitten to be a playmate for our 2 year old fat cat, Polly.   Well, the kitten (who still has no name) went to the vet Monday and he noticed one of her eyes was teary.  Instead of doing anything,  he just told me to monitor it.     Well, it got worse, her appetite decreased, and I was really nervous that she would give it to our other cat.  

I phoned the pound where we got her and they were SO helpful.  The lady on the phone, Lisa, explained everything so carefully and took the time to listen to my concerns.  We ended up deciding to take her back to the shelter where she will have treatment for free and this way she will be in isolation from other cats.  I was so sad becuase if she had stayed here, she would have been quarantined to a very small bathroom which would have been horrible for her.

Short and sweet, but hey....there ya go.  I'm thankful for kind Lisa at the Humane Shelter and the great staff there who are taking care of our sweetie pie until she can come back home with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment