Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Can't sleep

I hate insomnia.

Here it is, 12:45am and I'm awake.  I'm not even a little sleepy.   Well, okay.....maybe a tad tired, but not much!  I don't know why, but it gets to be late at night and I end up being up.

I'm thinking it's because everyone is asleep, and I can finally think about stuff without being interrupted by little ones who want hugs, or milk, or a DSI plugged in, or husbands who don't know where their stuff is.....Yup, at night it's just me and the cat.

I used to love staying up late.  I got a lot of stuff done and then I could sleep in and be fine.  Those days are gone, however.  I kind of got by when my daughter was a baby.  Hubs was deployed and I wasn't working so it was awesome:  Stay up late and then in the morning lay comatose on the couch while she and I watched tv.  Then, after mommy recouped, we'd go to a mommy and me group or baby-mommy swim lessons.  However, now it's a completely different story.

For starters, now I have to get my daughter up and at 'em for school.  This is not an easy task.  She's very pokey in the morning and I gotta say I don't help because I hit Snooze a few too many times.  She gets on the bus a little before 8am and I would LOVE to go back to sleep at that point, but about the time I heard the bus drive away, I start to hear my son wake up in his crib.

Ugh.

I love it, believe me.  I wish I could snuggle with him like I did with her.  Lay there in our pj's and watch The View or Good Morning America.  However, morning time is rushed around here.  I try and get him fed, and then I go through like a freak trying to get as much done as possible before I head off to work.  Then, once i'm home at night, then it's hurry hurry to get dinner made, cleaned up, baths, homework.....the anthem of mothers everywhere.

I'm the first one up and the last one to sleep.  I think this burning the candle at both ends is going to catch up to me.  Maybe this weekend I'll try to go to bed early.  Yeah right!

No comments:

Post a Comment