Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Can't we all just get along?



Election Night 2012 is history now.  Thank God all the political tv ads, mailings, and yard signs are now gone.  Well.....the yard signs remain but it's been raining all day today and quite a few I've noticed are getting quite soggy and run down-looking.  Hopefully most, if not all, will end up in tomorrow's garbage.

I'm not holding my breathe that the Grand Ole Party and the Democrats can actually learn to get along and get stuff done.  I'm pretty sure that it's going to be the same-old-same-old.  Depressing.

Last night I was watching Fox News and at one point EARLY on, they mentioned what would happen if it was a tie in the electoral college.  I missed part of it, but the gist I got was that the House would choose the president and the Senate would choose the VP.  We all know how the election turned out, but it got me wondering.....What would happen if this was the case all the time?  What if we HAD to choose one from each party?   I can hardly imagine what it would be like for Mitt to work daily with Biden or if Obama had Paul Ryan as his 2nd in command.

They'd be forced to *Gasp* work together.  What a concept!

Maybe they should do that all the time.  Have an Election with the candidates separated....imagine choosing Obama without Biden or Romney without Ryan....hmmmm.

Makes ya think, doesn't it?

In the meantime, I can only pray and hope that Washington D.C learns to work together......but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment