Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

I aint 'fraid of no ghost....

Here's the deal.  I don't know what the hell happened the other night, but it was enough to FREAK ME OUT!  The logical side of me says it was nothing, but then I run through all the factors and can't think of anything that would have caused what I heard the other night.  So, in an attempt to keep my sanity, I'm going to blog about it.  You decide......figment of my imagination or do I need to call in the Ghostbusters?


***********

Friday night Hubs and I took our kids to Dave and Busters.  We met my younger sister and baby brother there.  All was good, happy happy and when it was time for the kids to leave, I took them home and my husband stayed out with my siblings.  I got home, got them tucked into bed and I realized I wasn't tired so I stayed up pretty late paying some bills, watching some TV, etc.  I also thought I'd stay up for Hubs to get home but a little before 2am I went to my bedroom and laid down to go to sleep.

My head had only hit the pillow for maybe 30 seconds when it all started.  First of all, I thought I heard something in the kitchen.  Figuring it was my cat, I didn't do anything.  Then, I heard my cat running down the hall outside our bedroom.  My cat always runs from people and it was like she was running away from something.   Again, no big deal.  She does play at night sometimes and I didn't think much of it.  However, something just didn't feel right.  I laid there listening to the cat when I started hearing what I thought were footsteps coming down the hall.  A little bit later I heard a voice.

The voice sounded like a woman and it was talking really, really softly.  It sounded like it was coming from across the hall in our daughter's bedroom.  Hubs likes to go downstairs and watch tv and I thought to myself, "oh, he must have snuck in and gone downstairs to watch tv and I hear it".  The more I heard the voice though, I realized it was not the tv.  Then I thought it was the iPad in her room or maybe the radio, until I remembered that right before I had gone to bed I had taken the iPad off her bed and put it on her dresser.  The radio had been off.

I started freaking out.  It definitely sounded like a lady talking, really softly to someone.  Then, to add to the Oh Shit factor, my cat starts purring, purring so loudly that I can hear it in my bedroom.  After about 1-2 minutes of listening to her, I got up and walked to the doorway of my bedroom.  The voice stopped.

Holy crap.  I tried to think of what it could be that I had heard.  The dog was whimpering in her sleep in the kitchen in her crate.  MAYBE i heard her and it just sounded like a human voice, but that's really iffy.  I jumped back in bed and I texted my husband who was still out with my sister and brother and told him our house is haunted.  He got home about 30 minutes later and he started freaking out.

As I sit here writing this, I realize that it's 1:15 in the morning and my family members are all asleep.  I keep poking my head up from the laptop and looking around, as if I'm expecting to see something walk by.  I would pee my pants if that happened, by the way.  As silly as it sounds, the day after it happened I said a little prayer that please if there is a ghost here, even if she's nice, she needs to move on out.

We tried to think who it would be.  We decided maybe it was my husband's grandma.  She passed away what...a year or two years ago and she always spoke quietly and she loved cats.  I know it wasn't my grandma, she hated cats and there's no way she would have got my cat to purr.

I know there's a logical explanation for all this, I just can't find it.  I hadn't fallen asleep yet, I wasn't imagining.  I heard a voice.  But maybe it was my daughter talking in her sleep, or the dog sounding humanlike.  Regardless, it scared the shit out of me.

What's the number to Ghostbusters?


No comments:

Post a Comment