Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Birthday, America

Yesterday was the 4th of July.  I should have been out at a BBQ, enjoying a cold beer and watching my kids frolic in the pool while celebrating my niece's 6th Birthday.   That, however, did not happen.

Yesterday morning I woke up with a tummy ache.  I thought maybe I had overdone it on the exercising the night before because I had gone balls to the walls crazy on an ab routine.  However, as I was getting the chick-a-dees up and dressed, my tummy was still feeling yucky.  Hubs told me that I didn't have to go to the party and I thought, "oh, i'd love to stay home and sleep this off".  But, Hubs does not do well with people, hello PTSD, so I sucked it up and said I'd go.  However, after another 10 minutes or so, I really was rethinking that thought.

I got the kids all packed and ready to go and then I heard Hubs on the phone to his mom tell her that I was being slow and we weren't leaving on time.  I realized I still had to get myself ready and there was no way they'd make it there on time with the travel time.  I still wasn't feeling 100% so I told him never mind, i'm not going.

YIKES!  He went crazy.  He started bitching about things and he ended up chucking his pair of keys at the wall and going on about how they wasted time because I wasn't going.  I don't see how time was wasted.  I hadn't sat on my ass, I had been packing.  What had he been doing???  Anyway, I told him sorry, but I just didn't feel good.  He got the kids in the car and off they went, with him griping the whole way.

I ended up sleeping on the couch the entire day.  Later that night, when they got home I did manage to walk Munchkin down to the lake to watch some fireworks.  However, it was NOT a great day for me.

I want to write more, about the argument we had and the decisions made, but it will seem too real if I write it here so I'll wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment